Since Monday was a federal holiday, our income tax returns were started and after a few hours were almost completed. I’ve used TurboTax Online for several years and highly recommend it if you’re debating what to use this year. Monday evening my personal Mastermind group started up for the New Year with one additional person.
On Tuesday my wife had her…um…39th birthday and we celebrated by going out to brunch. For dinner our daughter fixed fettuccini alfredo, and then we all watched The Bourne Ultimatum.
Wednesday evening our family had a good time of discussion and dessert with our house church. We’re currently doing a guys group and a gals group to get to know one another better.
Once again, Friday evening our family watched a lesson in the video series “Strategies for Success: Blueprint for Achievement” by Zig Ziglar. This third lesson taught about healthy relationships, the power of love and respect, and all the things that people really want.
Some key thoughts from my Scripture reading this week included:
- Am I / are you a good seed planted by God or am I /are you a weed planted by the enemy? (Matthew 13)
- Listen, pay attention, gain understanding, obey and live; Wisdom is supreme, pay all you have to gain understanding (Proverbs 4)
- Ministry requires solitude and prayer (Matthew 14)
- Jesus healed others so that God would be glorified (Matthew 15)
- May he give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed (Ps 20:4)
- Others may intend harm but God intends good to accomplish his purpose (Genesis 50)
- Just like Peter, at any given moment, we can be used of God or we can be used of Satan (Matthew 16)
Bonus thoughts from chapter 1 of Og Mandino's University of Success are: My greatest asset is the ability to read (and think) and my highest aim is to be wise, generous, and loving which are great attributes to be known for.
Post a Comment