Truly meaningful success is a very personal thing. It is different for each individual. William Faulkner reportedly thought success was having a coat, bottle of whiskey and some Shakespeare to read.
What's your personal definition of success?
"A man is rich in the proportions of things he can let alone." ~ Henry David Thoreau
5 constant factors found in true success:
- a sense of purpose, moving toward something, on a journey towards a destination
- a good batting average, not constant achievement. You are not always going to be right and failure is not the end but actually an opportunity to persevere.
- a price to be paid; joy must be counterbalanced with the effort to achieve
- a sense of satisfaction, which is the inner feeling that you've done your best
- true spirituality, being connected with God, the author and maker of all
Post inspired by the Ultimate Success Program and Og Mandino's University of Success.