Well, another week of travel happened this past week. Tuesday through Thursday was spent in the Salt Lake City UT area. Friday was spent at home while our radon evacuation system was installed. Please check your radon level if you have not done so.
In my quiet times I transitioned from Ruth to 1 Samuel to 2 Samuel in the Old Testament. Here are some thoughts:
- John 6:43 states that no one can come to Jesus unless the Father draws him. This is a very sobering passage to me and really make me think about what I believe related to election.
- A gentle answer turns away wrath, a harsh word stirs up anger ~ Proverbs 15:1
- In John 7 men did not understand Jesus or who he was; Jesus pointed people to God the Father
- In John 8 there is a woman who was caught in adultery, Jesus taught that all have sinned; Jesus forgave her and challenged her to sin no more
- 1 Samuel 18:5 Saul tasked David, David accomplished his task well, Saul promoted David. This illustrates the point of doing your work well before expecting a promotion.
- 1 Samuel 19:1 illustrates that close personal relationships are stronger than other formal structures like boss-employee or father-son
- John 8:31 states that a person must hold to Jesus' teaching to be a true disciple
- John 9:15 contains a simple testimony: He put mud on my eyes, I washed them like He told me to, and now I can see
- Proverbs 15:20 is true of my son Darren; a wise son brings joy to his father