- Give to the needy without fanfare (Matthew 6)
- Pray in private, acknowledge God’s holiness, seek His will, ask for daily provision, seek forgiveness, and ask for protection
- Answer the question “Am I serving God or money?”
- Are you searching diligently for wisdom, understanding, and insight? (Proverbs 2)
- Ask, Seek, Knock
- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you (Matthew 7)
- God’s commands, when obeyed, will prolong life and bring prosperity (Proverbs 3)
- Love and faithfulness will win favor and a good name
- A father’s blessing is important (Genesis 27)
- It is not the healthy that need a doctor, it is the sick; Jesus did not come for the righteous, but for the sinners (Matthew 9)
- Honor the Lord with the first fruits of your earnings (Proverbs 3)
I had the privilege of meeting with two different guys this week for some one on one time. One meeting was in a coffee shop to discuss our individual lives relative to the house churches we are a part of. The other was for an hour of racquetball (where I was beaten 2 out of 3 of the games) and some important personal discussion time.
On the exercise front, I was able to get to the gym four days out of the five that had been planned for the week. My routine is usually a 30-minute walking/jogging program on the treadmill.
This week our family began watching the video series “Strategies for Success: Blueprint for Achievement” by Zig Ziglar. The first lesson we watched taught about the steps to a healthy self-image and how to accomplish more during any given day.
Consider the following this week: How’s you relationship with God? Are you spending time with people who are important to you? What have you learned and applied recently?